Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A DIVERSE WORK FORCE

CONCEPT:


We are all living in a new day, when we all come from different backgrounds. We all have different nationalities, different types and amounts of work expirence, and to stir up the mix even more you throw in age and gender to complete the ultimite working force.


EMOTIONAL HOOK:


So I started at my job at 19, I was by far the youngest person at my job, I was new and inexperince and this caused no problems. Now I am still the youngest person at my job, but I am one of the most experince person there; there are times when co-workers, doctors, and even patients that have a hard time with me because of my age, they feel I am too young and do not take into account the experince.


KEY POINTS:

We live in a large and yet small world. Its large because there are so many of us, and yet small for the fact that we interact with all sorts of people. Because of this we need to learn how to work together.



FACILITATED QUESTION:

How would you handle the situation if you were promoted over someone older then you?

No comments:

Post a Comment